Behavior and Training Resources
Does your dog jump up on people, pull on the leash, mouth or nip? Does your cat scratch the furniture, urinate outside the litter box, fight with another cat or destroy the trash? What can be done to train your pet, or perhaps train you, to keep the peace in the family? The following articles and websites may help you troubleshoot your pet's behavior. Keep in mind some inappropriate behaviors may have a medical cause the veterinarians at Piney Creek Square Integrative Veterinary Medicine can identify and prescribe treatment for selected conditions.
But if your pet's behavior is outside of being medical, there are local trainers and veterinarians specializing in animal behavior that can assist in finding a solution.
- American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior
- Animal Training and Behavior Resources, Videos/Articles/Pet Tricks
- The Feline Behavior Series
- The Canine Behavior Series
- Animal Behavior Associates, Inc., Littleton/Lakewood
- Becky Glenn at Bark Busters, Aurora/Denver/Englewood
- Franz Professional Dog Training, Aurora